Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much will I save with bathtub refinishing as opposed to replacement?
- Refinishing your bathtub will save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars over bathtub replacement. While a brand new bathtub may only cost $350, there can often be several hidden costs to replacement such as removal and disposal cost, plumbing alterations, and tile work. These costs add up, and you can easily end up spending nearly $3,500 to replace your bathtub.
Q. How long does the bathtub refinishing process take?
- Our refinishing process typically only takes 4- 5 hours to complete. Your bathtub will usually be ready to use within another 1 to 12 hours after that, depending on factors like ambient temperatures and humidity. Why wait days or even weeks for a contractor to replace your bathtub when you can get the same results in only 24 hours?
Q. How long will my bathtub last?
- The durability of a bathtub refinished by PBRA members is very similar to that of a brand new bathtub. If properly maintained and no abrasive chemicals are used for cleaning it will last you many years just as a brand new bathtub would.
Q. Does the PBRA offer a warranty or guarantee?
- PBRA members offer an industry leading 5 year warranty for residential work and 2 years for commercial jobs. Most refinishing companies offer industry- standard warranties which are pro- rated, meaning that the warranty's coverage decreases incrementally over time. Unlike these warranties, our guarantee covers 100% of any defects in workmanship or materials throughout the entire life of the guarantee.
Q. How do I care for and clean my refinished bathtub?
- Refinished bathtubs are often easier to clean than the original product. Make sure you use mild, non- abrasive cleaning products. Just as with a new bathtub, the finish or shine can be dulled by abrasive cleaners.
Q. Will my refinished bathtub look like it has been painted?
- This is a common myth in the bathtub refinishing industry. Your bathtub will not look like it was painted, since the material we use is more like a coating than a paint. In fact, our technicians pride themselves on the fact that it is quite difficult for an untrained eye to tell the difference between a brand new bathtub and one that has been refinished by a PBRA certified Company.
Q. Will my refinished bathtub smell like it has been painted?
- Our technicians come equipped with full ventilation systems for occupied units to expunge the fumes that do naturally occur with the use of solvents. Although you may notice a slight odor after we are finished, this typically is gone in a few hours.
Q. What other surfaces does the PBRA refinish?
- Besides bathtubs, PBRA Refinishers offer a wide variety of refinishing services for almost any surface in your bathroom or kitchen. Including tile, sinks, countertops and vanities.
Q. Will refinishing work on my kitchen countertops?
- Our refinishing process works on a variety of countertop surfaces, including laminates, Formica, tile, and cultured marble. It also saves you money; with our Stone- Finish™ imitation stone finishing system, you can have that natural- stone look for a fraction of the cost of actual stone!
Q. Do you repair cracks, chips, and scratches in my bathtub?
- Our technicians will fill in any chips or other imperfections in your bathtub or other surface prior to the refinishing process, making your damaged porcelain, acrylic, or fiberglass surface as good as new.
Q. What makes the PBRA different from other refinishing companies?
- The PBRA was established in 2002 and has a cumulative experience level with all the member knowledge base of hundreds of years. Some of our companies have been in business since 1938! This allows you to benefit from the largest refinishing data base in the world. No Franchise or single company can match this type of refinishing. We use only the best materials and if we can’t find one that out performs the competition. We will develop it!
Q. Can you refinish a tub that has been already refinished?
- Yes, a tub that has been refinished before can be refinished again a PBRA member will strip and clean the tub before we refinish it so the old coatings are removed.